Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Jan 1, 2013

What a fabulous day for the first day of a new year! While the weather was cold and frosty, the sun was shining and it was beautiful. One of our favorite places to spend time as a family is at the beach. My youngest son would spend all his free time there regardless of the weather. Because of the sun yesterday that was his automatic request lets go to the beach! At first I said no its too cold, then I thought, why not? We have gloves, hats and the time. So off to the beach we went! We didn't spend hours there like we do in the summer but we walked the beach and collected rocks and seashells and made memories.

Did I accoplish my 4 F's for the day?

FAITH: I spent time in the morning looking for an online devotional website and found one that I really like. I took time with the devotion and time with God.

FAMILY: We spent quality time at the beach yesterday (the two younger kids and myself) and I spent time with the older two watching a movie at the end of the day. I introduced them to one of my favorite movies of the 80's :).

FINANCES: Yesterday was a no spend day. We went out and about and didn't eat out or stop for coffee (one of my weaknesses). We were good stewards of our money.

FRIENDS: We spent time making cards for friends to help brighten their day and thank you cards for Christmas.

I also spent some time on a "use it up" project. I had a shirt I LOVED the color of but it had a grease stain on the front making it unwearable in public. I took that shirt and made it into a scarf! I used the pattern found here: T-Shirt Scarf Tutorial and I love the way it turned out. Here is a picture of my beautiful daughter modeling it :)

 
 
I also tried a couple of new recipes for dinner that were a huge hit!
 

Roasted Potatoes
Roasted Garlic Chicken

The potatoes I cooked in the oven and the chicken I omited the lemon because I didn't have any. I had roasting a turkey on the menu BUT I ended up cooking one last week and well, the kids didn't want turkey again. So I improvised with what we had on hand.

It was a good first day and a great way to start off the New Year!!



No comments: