Monday, November 15, 2010

Sunday November 14th

Today was a productive day, love those! We tackled the rest of our fall cleaning. We still have some winter prep to do. They are predicting a long/cold winter with alot of snow so we will be prepared just in case.

I am very excited to be starting a small group thru our church. This small group is for single parents, a way for us to be able to get together, connect, worship, and study Gods word. Our first meeting was tonight, an informal potluck meet and greet. We had a great time. These parents are able to bring their children and they will have an activity of their own during our study time.

I tried a new to us soup tonight Taco Soup. I have linked to the recipe. It was delicious! Definitely something we will be making again! I was short on time so I made it on the stove which worked just as well.

I also found time today to finish up my Christmas shopping list. I have one person I am not sure what to get, that is my dad. He is a hard one to shop for. My goal this year is to have all of my Christmas shopping and wrapping done BEFORE December 1st. I already have my Christmas cards and Christmas photos done and printed to mail the day after Thanksgiving.

This week I need to finalize menus for Thanksgiving, Christmas and a holiday party I am having with friends. I also want to finalize my baking list and make a master grocery list for the items I will need so that I can stock up as they go on sale.

No comments: