Monday, May 10, 2010

May 9-15th

Wow time flies. Hard to believe its already the 2nd week of May! Yesterday was Mothers Day, Happy Mothers day to all of you moms and single dads filling both rolls!
My mothers day was spent at the beach, one of our favorite places. The day was perfect. I honestly couldn't have asked for anything better. Great friends, great weather, my amazing children and some of Gods most breathtaking scenery!

This week like all others is going to be a busy one. Thankfully the weather is supposed to be very nice! I am excited that we are going to get to plant our garden this week! I am also able to start using the clothesline again. This makes a HUGE difference in the electric bill, especially when you have 4 kids!

I did menu plan last week and grocery shop, however, I didn't have time to blog. This week I did menu plan and grocery shop as well, however, didn't get a picture of the groceries before we put them away. I waited until the end of the day to shop, and was surprised when I found the meat department almost bare! I had to do a couple of last minute changes to the menu based on what they had left but that is ok!

The Menu for the week of May 9-15th

Sunday- we roasted hodogs/marshmallows at the beach with friends
Monday- chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, green beans
Tuesday- Shrimp Penne with Garlic sauce, salad and homemade french rolls
Wednesday- Roasted chicken, Primavera potato salad, mac & cheese (for the kids), carrots with ranch
Thursday- Pork/Pineapple stir fry, rice
Friday- Bacon/chicken sandwiches, easy sweet slaw, baked fries
Saturday- at an end of season Soccer BBQ

No comments: