Monday, April 6, 2009

Laundry

One of my favorite (NOT) chores is laundry. With 5 people in the house we can accumulate alot of laundry. Not only is it time consuming but it can be expensive! I am picky when it comes to brand of laundry soap. I do not like the "cheap" detergent but that is a personal thing. I have not yet been brave enough to try Homeade Laundry Detergent . I have however switched to Gain with matching scent drier sheets.

To save $ on laundry I use 1/2 of the recomended powdered detergent and only 1/2 of a drier sheet per load. It is amazing how much longer the box of detergent and drier sheets will last!

To stay ontop of the laundry I do a load (sometimes 2) every day. We can start doing laundry at 8am (apartment) so I throw a load in right at 8 when I am getting my youngest daughter out the door for the bus. By having that in my daily routine I never fall behind.

Folding it is another story I usually delegate that to the kids!

No comments: