Thursday, April 28, 2011

April Catch Up

I have learned several things over the past 3 weeks, here are a few.
1. There are not enough hours in the day.
2. The use of turn lanes (what they are or how to use them) seems to have evaporated.
3. Freezer meal cooking is saving my sanity AND my bank account.
4. Do not take a single day for granted. Take time to hug your loved ones and tell them how much you care about them.

The past 3 weeks have been a whirlwind of insanity. We are finally getting into a good solid routine with me going to school. The homework for the 3 classes I am taking is more than I anticipated at times but I really am enjoying it. I have ended up with 2 fabulous partners in Biology which is really helping!

Here we are performing one of our fun experiments.

Spring sports are also in full swing. I have to get pictures of the older kids yet (one in track and one doing flag team for marching band) but here are the younger two!
Danielle playing catcher (Fastpitch)

Tyler after a very muddy wet game on the soccer field

Our middle school youth group held "old fogey" night. My oldest daughter and I hit up Value Village for some old lady gear and borrowed a walker that was sitting at my parents house. Here is a picture of her before and after!

As I stated above, freezer meals have saved me so much stress, time and money this month it makes me VERY thankful I got started again! As I clean the kitchen after dinner, I pull a meal out of the freezer for the next night. Dinner takes only a short time to prepare with very little effort and mess. With our crazy schedule having these on hand keeps us from grabbing dinner out which can get very expensive. I am getting ready to put the finishing touches on another cooking session for May. The kids are even getting into it now, looking thru the book and picking recipes they would like to try.

On a "closing" note, I would like to ask for prayers. My oldest daughter and I will be joining a mission team on a 5 day mission trip to Esperanza in Canada in May. Please pray for our team that we will be able to to successfully be the hands and feet of Christ. That we will have a safe journey and that lives will be impacted in a positive way! This mission trip is what my daughter has chosen to do for her 14th birthday which has made me a very proud mom :)

No comments: