Monday, February 22, 2010

Menu 2/21-2/27 and Shopping Trip

I did sit down and plan out a menu for the week. The best part, I did it sitting in the sun at the park while the kids were playing. LOVING the weather we are having!

This weeks menu is full of new to us recipes. However, my grocery list was very small. Most items I already have on hand!

Sunday- BBQ Ribs (bought at 50% off at Safeway a couple weeks ago), BBQ baked potatoes, roasted veggies. We had friends over for dinner and they brought a delicioius Spinach salad. Peanut butter pie for dessert!

Monday- Chili mac & biscuits

Tuesday- Jazzed up Clam chowder, salad and crackers

Wednesday- Roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans

Thursday- Crockpot beef stew & cornbread

Friday- CORD (clean out refrigerator dinner) or Pizza (with a coupon of course)

Saturday- Grilled burgers & fries

My shopping list was quite small:

potatoes $2.50
graham cracker crust $2.29
cool whip $1.99
2 cans New England Clam Chowder $1.99 x 2
Stew meat $9.33 (value pack on sale will get 3 meals out of this)
lettuce $2.99
avacado .99
ice cream $4.99
briquets $4.59
raisins $3.59 (snacks for YDS)
ravioli .99 (monday lunch for YDS (see a trend guess who went shopping with me)

Total spent: $38.62

Unfortunately over the past week I have made several trips to the store for my daughters birthday party and misc other things and not kept very good track of my grocery spending. Ahhh, there is always next month!

No comments: