Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday 2/22

What a great weekend. I had taken Thursday/Friday off from work for my oldest daughters dental work and to prep for my youngest daughters birthday party. And well, because I needed a BREAK!!

We couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather. We were able to have the doors open during my daughters party on Saturday. We had a great time with friends and family. Sunday we were able to spend some time at the park and have a BBQ with some friends. I feel so blessed right now I could burst!

I wanted to share a couple of delicous recipes today. These were very inexpensive to make but delicous. I am hoping my friend Jodei will share the recipe for the salad she made last night so I can share that as well :D (hint, hint Jodei I know you are reading this LOL)

BBQ RIBS

This is how my mom makes her ribs so I have to give full credit to her. I picked up some pork ribs at Safeway a couple of weeks ago in their mark down section at 50% off! Tossed them in the freezer to wait for a sunny day.

Thaw the ribs if they are frozen. Cover liberally with seasoning salt of your choice. Mom uses Lawrys I use Johnnys either works. Let them sit covered in the refrigerator overnight (I did them yesterday and let them sit for 6 hours and they were still really good). Wrap in foil and BBQ for 2 hours. Turn them once 1/2 way thru. The last 20 minutes, open up the foil and put BBQ sauce on the top of the ribs. I used Kraft Honey Hickory. Let them finish cooking for about 20 minutes and pull off the grill. So good (ok I am drooling a bit).

PEANUT BUTTER PIE

This recipe came from Taste of Home Simple and Delicious March/April 2010

3/4 c peanut butter
4 oz cream cheese softened
1 c confectioners sugar
8oz cool whip
1 graham cracker crust

In a large bowl beat the peanut butter, cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth. Fold in whip topping and pour into pie crust. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.

This was super easy to throw together at the last minute and a huge hit!

COBB SALAD WITH POACHED EGGS

This is soooo good!! It makes enough for 2 salads. This recipe came from Everyday Food March 2010.

2 T. extra virgin olive oil
2 T. red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
coarse salt and ground pepper
1 head bibb lettuce leaves seperated and torn
1/2 c shredded cooked chicken
2 strips bacon cooked/crumbled
2 T crumbled blue cheese
2 warm easy poached eggs

Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard and season with salt/pepper. Divide lettuce, chicken, bacon and cheese between 2 plates. Top each salad with a poached egg. Serve dressing on the side.

No comments: