Monday, February 28, 2011

End of February

Its hard to believe we are at the end of February already! We finally got snow this weekend and the kids were thrilled. The younger kids spent Sunday morning outside building snowmen and making snow angels before the rain came and melted it all. There are small glimpses of spring each day. Baby calves in the field, the chickens are laying regularly and a small little flower has popped up from the dirt in the front flowerbed :).

I have been determined to start up OAMC again, however, I am putting this off by at least one more week. I need to use up things in the freezer/pantry that are partial packages or have been there a while. This weeks menu is based on whats on hand that needs to be used up. My grocery list for the week is VERY small which I love.

I did more crafting this past week. This weeks main project was Mini Treat/Gift bags. I found this pattern last fall at a quilt show I attended with my mom. You use Fat Quarters and with 2 Fat Quarters you can get 4 bags. They are super cute and easy to make. I had purchased quite a bit of fabric to make some and have been using that up this week. I also did some card making, thank you cards for my daughter to use as well as some cards to have on hand.

No comments: