Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday August 16th

As with many other Washington State residents, I am ready for some cooler temperatures! We have had several days of high temperatures. That's a rare occurrence here so not many have A/C in their homes. We finally figured out the system of the windows/blinds/fans to keep the house cool YEAH!

This week is the county fair. My oldest daughter went with friends today and came back tired and sunburned but had a great time. We are heading to the fair on Wednesday as a family and I cannot wait! Growing up my grandparents camped at the Skagit County fairgrounds with the Grange. We spent so much time there and formed great memories. While we have switched "counties" it still brings back some great times!

My oldest son got a 2nd farm job this week (just temporary) working for a farmer up the street. He is doing property clean up (weed eating etc) for them that they just don't have time to do. He loves having the ability to earn his own money and is saving up for when he starts to drive next year EEEK!

I thought I would do a recap of the recipe I tried today the Crock pot Fajitas. The link to the original website/recipe posting is in my MENU post below. It was a HUGE hit! Our grocery store was out of flank steak so I purchased Carne Asada meat. It was melt in your mouth tender by dinner time! I will definitely make this again but only when the meat is on sale. It was a little pricier than I like to pay but well worth it!

I also wanted to share one of my FAVORITE websites!! www.frugal-families.com it has an annual membership but well worth the $$. I have been a member on the site for many years and have learned so much about how to be frugal, save in so many areas of our budget etc. Its a group of amazing women who will love to hear your thrills of garage sale finds or FREE toilet paper :)

No comments: