Monday, February 6, 2012

February 6th

Well, sometimes the best made plans just don't work out the way we intend. That is a common occurrence with me and this blog LOL. It has been busy busy and it sort of fell by the wayside. Quick recap:

Things are going very well. I am taking 16 credits this quarter, on of which is the NAC class. I will be starting clinicals next week and am nervous but excited. This is my last pre req before the nursing program! A big change is that I have rejoined Weight Watchers. I am tired of being overweight and do not want to be a "fat" nurse. I have made a commitment to myself to change my life this year.

I started WW a few weeks ago and am already down almost 8 pounds. No it doesn't seem like much but to me it is. I am not focusing on the scale as much as knowing I am changing not only my life but that of my children. We are all eating healthier, focusing more on exercise and learning PORTION CONTROL!

I signed up to do the St Pattys Day Dash in Seattle with my best friend for my birthday in March. I will walk it this year and my goal is to run it next year. I have never done anything like this before and am nervous but extremely excited.

Meal planning has become even more key for us now. I have to plan ahead so that meals are healthy and that we have what we need on hand. I hope to get back to posting/sharing what we have discovered recipe and food wise, and healthy changes and habits we are developing as a family.

The kids are doing great. School is keeping them busy as are their extracurricular activities. Spring sports will be starting up again soon and then it will be all out insanity in our house! LOVE IT!

No comments: