Monday, January 24, 2011

Changes Changes Changes

I have decided the only thing constant in life is change. Change can be good and change can be bad. Change can cause us panic or cause us to take a solid look at our lives and see what needs to be done.

On January 11th, I along with 79 other people were laid off. While this wasn't overly SHOCKING news, I didn't expect it to happen this soon. I thought I would have more time to prepare, pay off debt and well I don't even know what else.

This has been a whirlwind couple of weeks. I have never been laid off or fired from a job before. There is ALOT of paperwork! I took a good look at what I wanted and where I want to be at this point in my life. The job market for what I do is non existent and jobs that would be a fit are so few and far between with a large number of people looking for those same jobs.

I have decided to fulfill one of my life long dreams, going to school to be a nurse! I really didn't think at my age I would be going back to school, not that I am old but I am preparring for my 20 year high school reunion next year and here I am going back to school! I am excited and nervous! My children are extremely supportive and excited. I have told them over the years how important it is that they go to college and how I wished it was something I had done when I had the opportunity. Now I get to set that good example by starting and finishing it!

So, my journey is changing a bit. This change is a good change :)

No comments: