Sunday, February 1, 2009

February Menu

Wow is it really February already? Where did January go? I made up my menu last week and then planned out my very large grocery shopping trip that I did today (will post that next). Below is the menu for the month.

Breakfast for the kids during the week is normally cold cereal (their choice), homemade muffins or bagles. On the weekends I will make a big breakfast with bacon or sausage, eggs and waffles or pancakes. The 3 older kids eat hot lunch at school. The 2 oldest are .40 per day, however, my oldest daughter has started volunteering in the school lunch room wiping tables and she gets free lunch for that (her idea and she loves it). My youngest daughter gets free lunch (program thru the primary school). My Youngest and I eat lunch at home.

Dinner Menu: (This is in order by days of the month)
Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and veggies
Quesadillas
Spaghetti, homemade french bread and salad
Garlic lime chicken, rice, veggies
Mozzarella tuna melts and chicken soup
Salsbury steak, mashed potatoes and veggies
Pizza at church
Roasted chicken w/ rosemary and roasted veggies/potatoes
Tacos
Spaghetti, homemade french bread, salad
Carmelized pork slices, rice and veggies
Corn chowder and homemade biscuits
Hamburgers and french fries
Pizza at church
Creamy Italian Chicken
Kids choice
Spaghetti, homemade french bread and salad
Burrito casserole
Tomato basil soup and grilled cheese
Danielles birthday we will go out to dinner
Pizza at church
Mac & cheese & hotdogs (kids insisted this was on here somewhere)
Spaghetti, homemade french bread and salad
Tacos
Potato chowder and homemade biscuits
Chili and cornbread
Pizza at church

You may notice alot of "repeats" of the kids fav's. We eat dinner at church every Saturday between church services.

1 comment:

Bella said...

Funny, my kids always request mac & cheese w/ hot dogs too! Sometimes I think that they'd be fine if that and pizza were all I ever offered them.