Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shopping Trip 2/22-2/28


Did not need much this week, infact most of this weeks shopping trip is just stock up on sales I couldn't pass up.

This week our local grocery store had turkey breasts on sale .98# but it was a limit of 1. I have been there 3 times to pick up turkey breasts (verified with them it was 1 per customer per shopping trip so I wasn't breaking any rules). I picked up a total of 3 turkey breasts, 2 of which went into the freezer for later and 1 of which is in the oven now. I spent $9.54 on the 2 I purchased earlier in the week.

Todays shopping trip:

Cost Cutter:
5# sugar $1.97
10 hamburger helper $10.00 (my kids love this)
2 gallons milk $3.98 (noticed the price of milk has gone down YEAH)
1 frozen turkey breast $4.69
1 cool whip $2.00
1 pkg bagels $2.50
2 # butter - $2.98 (store coupon 1# for $1.49 lmt 2)
margarine $1.50
1 bag chips $2.00
4 2 ltr root beer $3.08 (store sale of .77 each like to keep on hand for treat for the kids)
1 loaf bread $1.19
1 can pumkin $2.33

Total including the 2 turkeys I bought earlier in the week:
$47.96

I also got 2 dozen free eggs today. My moms chickens have started to lay again YEAH which means FREE EGGS!

My Dinner menu for the week:
Sunday- turkey, mashed potatoes/gravy, green beans, homemade rolls and pumpkin pie
Monday- mac & cheese & hotdogs for the kids (their request) I will eat a salad
Tuesday- Spaghetti, french bread and salad
Wednesday- Tacos
Thursday- Potato chowder and homemade buiscuts
Friday- chili and cornbread
Saturday- at church or at my parents house not sure where we will be on Sat night yet

To see what others have done with their grocery shopping budget or their menus check out The Grocery Cart Challenge

No comments: