Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

We had a fun filled and busy weekend! Friday night I was able to go out to dinner with family/friends for a birthday at one of our favorite places. Great food and lots of laughs and free for me dinner gotta love that (thanks mom!). Saturday I spent the morning getting completed scrapbook pages into page protectors and albums. Sadly, these are pages that have been completed for over a year, some around 2 years that have been in a box. I am glad to have that project completed. I also managed to go thru a box of old pictures and memorabilia and get that sorted and purged!

Sunday I spent the entire day on the go running kids from one place to another. The younger 2 and I spent some time at the park thanks to some fairly nice weather!

Today it was back to the normal work week routine. However, tonight our small group started the FLIP study. This is a study we are doing thru our church Cornwall Church and I am very excited about it! Learning about living a life of service!

I tried 2 new recipes today I wanted to share! Apricot Bars and chicken piccata!

First the Apricot Bars. These were delicious and to die for yummy! I am not going to post the recipe but instead link to the source the Pioneer Woman website. She has some AMAZING recipes check her out!! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of her new cookbook!

Chicken Piccata
2 boneless chicken breasts
salt
pepper
flour
Non stick spray
2 T. veg oil
1/4 c dry white wine
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 c chicken broth
2 T. lemon juice
1 T. capers drained
2 T. butter
fresh lemon slices
parsley

Season cutlets with salt/pepper and dust with flour. Saute cutlets in veg oil over medium heat until cooked thru. Remove to a plater. To pan add wine and garlic and cook 2 minutes. Add capers and lemon juice. Return cutlets to pan and cook 1 minute. Move cutlets back to platter, finish off sauce with lemon slices and butter. Pour over chicken and garnish with parsley.



Ok my pictures are not great. I need to have my friend Kim show me how to take great "food" pictures with the lighting. For some GREAT pictures check out Kims Blog

No comments: