Monday, January 18, 2010

January 18, 2009

Happy Monday. Well I tried to convince myself anyways. Today the kids did not have school for Martin Luther King Day. I however, had to work. It was an interesting day all four kids are grounded for the week from all electronics due to their behavior. They offered to do chores for something to do HA!

I tried a new recipe for dinner tonight and it was a hit. The "original" came from a Taste of Home Cookbook but I have tweaked it quite a bit so here is MY version of:

Cheesy Chicken Pasta

1 pkg spiral pasta cooked per pkg directions
1 can green beans drained
1 can corn drained
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts diced and sauteed in olive oil
salt to taste
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/3 cup milk

Mix all of the above in a casserole dish. Then mix in 1 1/2 c. shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.

I served this with garlic bread and salad. You could put in whatever vegetables your family likes.

No comments: