Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5, 2010

What a day. Today was one of those days I had to remind myself I am thankful to have a job because I sure was not liking it today!

I am a firm believer that we learn something new every day. What did I learn today? That when you have a child with braces who needs a filling, its not an easy task. It takes 3 appointments in the same day, 2 with the orthodontist and 1 with the pediatric dentist. You start at the ortho office to have part of the braces removed. Then to the dentist for the filling and then back to the ortho office to get the braces put back on. Add to that the ortho is only here in town 1 day per week. AAAAGHHH. We were finally able to get it scheduled but will be zipping from office to office from 11:30am until 3:30pm!

Organization I did today: Not a thing. I put in an almost 15 hour work day today so unless you count the correcting and reformatting of excel spreadsheets as organization I failed at that task today. BUT thats ok!!

I did put pork ribs in the crockpot today though. However, when I went to put them in I realized I don't have any BBQ sauce. So I improvised. I used a packet of Chipotle marinade from McCormick. Mixed up the marinade, tossed it in with the meat and a sliced up onion. Let it cook on slow all day and it was DELICIOUS!

Tonight was the New Years Ball for the middle school youth group program at our church. My "little girl" looks so grown up **sigh** where does the time go?

No comments: