Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

Ahhh, the end of Christmas vacation. Tomorrow its back to regular routines and our crazy hectic schedule. But I love it :). DJ came home today and finally got to open his Christmas presents here. I loved having all of my kids back home at dinner time!

Today we tackled the rec room and the garage. I sorted the games, books and coloring/art supplies they are now organized and neatly put away. The garage we gathered up all of the extra cardboard and misc. items and hauled a load to recycling and the dump. Discovered I can drop off recycling items for FREE why am I paying to have ours picked up at the curb every 2 weeks? HMMMMM. Took my oldest daughter to get shoes for the ball she is attending this week at church. Love that my kids want to check consignment shops first! Awesome pair of silver sparkle flip flops at Goodwill for $3.99. Also found around waffle iron for $6.99 one of my main "wants" for this year. My youngest son loves Eggo's and I can now make him his own (he doesn't like the waffles from my Belgian waffle maker they are not the right "shape").

My steak did not thaw in time for dinner so I improvised. My mom had given me a cookbook a while back Taste of Home Busy Family Cookbook. I tried the following recipe:

Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta

8 oz uncooked pasta
1 pound ground beef
6 bacon strips diced
1 can undiluted tomato soup
1 cup shredded cheese

Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper towel and drain. Drain pasta and add to skillet. Stir in the soup beef and bacon and heat thru. Sprinkle with cheese and cover/cook until cheese is melted.

The kids LOVED this!

No comments: