Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 22, 2010

Happy Friday! After a very long week, I decided to take a "mental health" day from work. All of the kids were in school so I had 6 hours all to myself! I wanted some of the day to be productive and some of the day to be fun. I had plans Friday night to go to the Pink Floyd Experience with my friend Lisa as well.

The day was productive. I managed to get thru a pile of paperwork and get the house put back together. I also managed to sit and write out my menu and grocery list for the next week! I headed out the door around 10:30 to pick up canning jars that someone was giving away on Free Cycle and was very excited to find she had even more than she thought! Great addition to my garden planning for Summer 2010! The trunk was clanking as I drove so I thought it best to drop those off at home and then go do the rest of my shopping and errands.

After a few hours I had managed to get my grocery shopping done, picked up a few things I needed at JoAnne Fabrics, exchanged a video game and perused the Dollar Tree. Back home to greet the kids when they got home from school, unpack the groceries (take pictures) and get ready to head out!

No exciting new recipes, just spaghetti and garlic bread for the kiddos. My friend Lisa had gotten the tickets and a gift certificate for dinner so we were heading out for a FREE night on the town!

The Pink Floyd Experience was awesome. The lighting, special effects and the musical ability of those performing was amazing. We were 6 rows from the stage so I was able to snap a couple of pictures and one of the flying pig overhead! Enjoy!


No comments: