Friday, January 22, 2010

January 21, 2010

I am posting about Thursday on Friday. I couldn't bring myself to sit at the computer last night to post to the blog. It was a long day of excel spreadsheets and formulas that in the end worked thanks to the help of the ever awesome and amazing KIM!

I think I finally hit the wall last night though from work stress, kids, life in general. I decided I need a BREAK so today (Friday) I am taking a mental health day from work and just going to enjoy myself (more on that later in todays post).

I did try a new recipe last night and it was a hit!

For more great recipes check out the Grocery Cart Challenge Recipe Swap!

Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 T. oil
1 c apple juice
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 T. cornstarch
1/2 c whipping cream
1T. minced fresh parsley

In a skillet brown the chicken in oil over med. heat for 4 minutes on each side. Combine the apple juice, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper pour over chicken. Reduce heat cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken juices run clear (My chicken was thick so it took almost 20 min). Remove chicken and keep warm.

Combine cornstarch and cream until smooth, stirring into cooking liquid in skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick. Add parsley return chicken to skillet and heat thru.

I served this with rice, sauteed brussels sprouts and green beans.

No comments: